WAKANDA FOREVER

 “Where I come from, Death is never the end” 
Chadwick Boseman 1977 -2020


Yesterday, I came online to statuses filled with the news of the death of Chadwick Boseman, popularly known as T’challa of Black panther. As I clicked from one status to the other, one story to the other and watched one video to another, I couldn’t help but tear at all the great things people had to say about him and how he lived a life of honour. 
He was truly a man with a story very inspirational, one who inspired hope in a world where black people can be heroes too. Amidst my sadness, I was able to learn some lessons from his life. Permit me to share it with you; 

1. First is to never let any challenge stop you from achieving your purpose as only death is the actual killer. Imagine how he was able to achieve so much in 4 years even with his colon cancer. 
“We all have that fighter in us, but we have to be ready to stand up to the battle.” - me
2. Bear in mind that you are not too young or too old to achieve anything, always try to make impact with your existence. The only person you should outdo is yourself.
“Purpose is the essential element of you. It is the reason you’re on this planet at this particular time in history. Your very existence is wrapped up in the things you are here to fulfill.” - Chadwick Boseman

3. Try to be intentional about your happiness in the moment. Live your life to the fullest at every single moment, so when you die, you know you lived it up till the end.
“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I do not have a single bit of talent left and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me’.” - Erma Bombeck
4. Live a life of giving, even if it's just with the words you say. Inspire others through encouragement, always be kind and do not look down on others even if you’re better. Lift people up with your smile and your giving hands.

This is his legacy. For what is dead may never die. He lives on. His words, his actions, his legacy. Rest in Power Chadwick Boseman.
#wakandaforever

Hamidah A.H
Editor in Chief, 2020

Comments

Unknown said…
๐Ÿ™…‍♀️๐Ÿ˜ฉ
Unknown said…
"Death is the actual killer" apt๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ. Thank you for this beautiful article๐Ÿ˜
Unknown said…
Well done Sister. This was beautifully written.
Fatima A.G said…
Wakanda forever!!! Beautifully written! Well done.

Popular posts from this blog

LAB GUYS

SEVEN TIPS TO HELP YOU THRIVE IN LAB POSTINGS

CONVERSATIONS: MY LOCKDOWN STORY.